New Position. A wonderful and grounded young family is now hiring for a Senior Nanny to take on the scheduling and calendar maintenance for their 3 nannies. The family has one child, 14 months old, with another on the way in December and 3 additional children under the age of 12 years which visit every other weekend. The family is very realistic of the support needed to navigate their dynamic lifestyle. They require 7 day per week, 24 hour coverage which will be shared between 4 nannies. Family travels between their primary Atlanta residence, South Georgia farm and Montana residence.
This position will demand a highly organized, well-educated professional who can use their prior experience to implement the family’s goals for their children.
Senior Nanny duties include:
- Interact daily with House Manager to receive family’s intended monthly schedule
- Provide each nanny with work schedule at least one month out
- Provide nannies with pre-planned activities to execute for each child while on duty
- Offer any training to other nannies if requested
- Research and sign up for age appropriate classes for each of the very young children
- Pre-plan activities and educational games for all the children (no devices or tv)
- Identify each child’s personal talents and encourage them to pursue
- Teach children appropriate social behaviors, such as being respectful to each other and helping out with chores
- Transport children to and from school and extracurricular activities
- Ensure children’s safety during indoor and outdoor activities
- Help older children wash up and take baths
- Prepare children’s meals and feed them (including bottle-feeding for babies)
- Work with parents to ensure children’s growth and social development
- Consistently creative new activities and games to keep children from being inactive
- Tidy up play areas and children’s rooms
- All duties as would pertain to a newborn
Qualifications: Previous experience working in a private residence with primary responsibility of caring for children, ideally a degree in Childhood Development or Bachelor’s Degree, CPR and first aid certified, flexible to work different schedules and travel, recent verifiable references and a solid moral compass. Excellent computer skills, spotless background and motor vehicle. Primary language is English but would love a candidate with a second language. Please submit resume with references.