Position Placed. A prominent Atlanta family is seeking a highly skilled laundress with exceptional knowledge of fabrics and couture clothing. Their expectations are to provide expert care, maintenance and wardrobe management for their family of 5. This includes a collection of couture and designer garments. Expectations are as follows:
- Expert garment care: Separating by color and label instructions, stain removal, hand wash and delicates, follow any specific instructions for a garment requested by a family member.
- Familiarize yourself with each individual family member’s clothing and sizes in order to put away in appropriate drawers and closets
- Basic laundry items: Sheets, towels and table linens
- Conduct rigorous inspections of clothing before and after returning from the dry cleaners
- Alterations: Inspect all clothing for minor alterations, loose buttons, hems etc.
- Track and inventory all clothing outgoing to drycleaners and returning.
- Rehang all clothing properly on appropriate hangers and reenter into the closet systems in use
- Daily ironing, steaming and pressing
- Closet management includes overseeing organization of wardrobes ensuring all items are properly stored, labeled and easily accessible
Requirements: Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a professional laundress or seamstress, impeccable folding and ironing skills, exceptional organization abilities to maintain inventories of several individual wardrobes, strong understanding of different types of fabrics and couture clothing, experience working in a private residence, English speaking and recent verifiable references. If you meet the requirements please send your resume and we will reach out.