New Position. Very active semi-retired couple is seeking a hands-on House Manager / Cook or Chef. First and foremost, this client is looking for a happy, positive minded individual who takes initiative and has a natural motivation for providing exemplary service. Attention to the smallest of details is important.
5 years previous experience working in a private residence is a must. Local Atlanta resumes will be considered first.
The cooking portion of position is lunch and dinner for two. Guidance to family’s preferences will be provided. There is very little entertaining, maybe 10 times per year, with two large parties in Florida annually, which require travel in 1 week increments. A culinary degree is not mandatory, just a true passion for cooking. Capable of formal and informal table service is required.
Household management duties:
- Maintain cleanliness of interior (with support of a two day per week cleaning service)
- Laundry, ironing, steaming and folding
- Packing and unpacking suite cases
- Wardrobe maintenance
- All household errands
- Consistently track and purchase all household staples and supplies
- Receive all mail, packages and deliveries
- Schedule autos for appointments and cleaning
- Daily grocery shopping
- Coordinate and manage appropriate vendors and services
- Travel to Florida residence to serve as Chef/House Manager
- Confer with Principals to determine meal preferences
- Develop and submit weekly menus for approval
- Daily meal preparation; mostly lunch and dinner
- Table setting and clean up
- Daily grocery shopping for in season and freshest ingredients
- Label and store meals for weekend consumption
- Plan, coordinate, serve and supervise all special events held at residence
- Cleaning and sanitizing work areas before and after meal preparation
Please submit resume. Again, client prefers to exhaust all Atlanta options before hiring out of state.