Position Placed. Semi-retired couple in the Buckhead area is hiring a replacement of their Housekeeper of 15 years. The family is seeking someone willing to make a long-term commitment. A pleasant and positive disposition needed. Ideal candidate should be capable of setting systematic weekly cleaning and laundry schedule, knowledge of cleaning procedures and cleaning products and experience with high end furnishings. Flexibility to stay overnights and weekends in the family’s home to care for pets and house sit is a must. Average 5 times per year in 2-day to 2 weeks stays. A person comfortable in the kitchen and loves pets is a PLUS.
Family will require a minimum of 4 years of experience working in a private home with recent recommendation letters and references from prior employers. To be considered for position: a valid driver’s license, fluent in English both written and oral, legal status to work in the U.S., daily use of automobile and clean MVR and criminal background. Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
Scope of position and duties:
- Detailed daily house cleaning
- Organization of residence; closets, drawers, cabinets and all storage areas
- Laundry and ironing, pressing and folding, ironing men’s shirts and bed/table linens
- Maintain inventory and purchase of all cleaning products
- Household errands; grocery shopping, dry cleaners, pharmacy, vet appointments, returns, etc.
- Basic meal preparation a few times per week
- Manage all service vendors
- Receive packages and mail
- Maintaining working order and cleanliness of all cleaning and laundry equipment: vacuums, mops, iron, steamers, etc.
- Daily pet care
- Over nights and weekends for house and pet sitting