Position Placed. A domestic couple is needed to manage and provide the hospitality element of a hunting lodge in Alabama. Position requires living on the property full-time. The lodge is located in a very rural part of the state and there are no nearby neighbors. You must enjoy living in semi-isolation with the closest towns being 1 hour away. There are a few small stores in the immediate town 15 minutes away; a gas station and quick market.
The property is known as one of the finest premiere hunting lodges in the South, this 500 acre plantation with a 10 acre lake offers a diverse hunting habitat offering fish, quail, wild turkey and deer. It serves as a recreational property for entertaining friends, family and corporate retreats. The property has multiple dwellings including the main family residence of 12,000 square feet, a field house, several cottages for guests and additional housing for staff. The property’s current staff includes the crews which care for the wildlife, farmland and assist during the hunting season.
Ideal for a couple seeking a long-term position who has a strong background in hospitality. The family visits the property mostly on weekends during the hunting season, approximately 7 months per year, (September – April). Expected work hours will be heavier during season and return to a normal schedule in spring and summer.
Expectations and responsibilities for the property and residence will be as follows:
Female role will require maintaining the interior and food preparation
- Daily housekeeping and seasonal deep cleaning
- Wash and fold all linens for each dwelling
- Organization of closets, cabinets, pantries and storage areas
- Household errands
- Grocery shopping
- Maintain inventories for all needed household, pantry staples and cleaning supplies
- Prepare all residences for guests arrivals and departure
- Provide daily hospitality services to Principals, extended family members and guests
- Simple family style meals and table settings
- Daily meal preparation for guests, family members and principals; breakfast and dinner
- Meal service and cleanup
- Mange immediate landscaping needs including manicuring, pruning, fertilizing and irrigation
- General landscaping and gardening
- Handyman duties as needed: paint, light fixtures, etc.
- Driver duties as need
- Maintain property equipment
- Assist with all guests services during season, including valet and driver
- Assist with heavier housekeeping duties i.e., cleaning high to reach fixtures, changing light bulbs, dusting molding trims, pressure washing sidings, driveways, walkways etc.
- Act as point of contact and gatekeeper
- Accounting and reconciling invoices
- Identify issues and repair or schedule appropriate vendors or services
- Maintain the appearances of residence and outdoor structures / guest houses
- Interview and negotiate service providers and all annual or temporary contracts
- Oversee any renovations / construction projects
- Excellent handyman and gardening skills
- Talented cook; comfortable in the kitchen with above average serving skills
- Possess existing practical skills that will contribute to all who visits the property
- Have traditional values and positive attitude on life
- Have good common sense
- Physically fit and in good health
- Have the dedication to develop and care for the property as if it were your own
- Be team players with the other property staff
- Have good communication skills, attention to detail and orderliness
- Have pleasant personalities with zero emotional baggage
- Conflict-free and drug-free environment
- Must have a clean background check, MVR and pass a drug test
- Verifiable references
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a Domestic Couple on a private property
If you meet the requirements, please email your current resume to email@example.com. We will contact you directly.